Is it October already? I haven't written forever, but then that should be no surprise as most every journal entry from my young adulthood starts out this same way. What can I say???
Last week was conference weekend, and as has become tradition since I moved back to Utah, I spent the weekend at the Coles' house. Mary warned me prior to coming down that some of her kids had been sick with the stomach flu. I assured her that I was not worried as I "never" throw up. My body usually doesn't get sick like that. So I proceeded to spend the weekend hanging out, hugging, sitting next to the kids and felt fine... until Sunday afternoon. During the last session of conference my stomach started to feel weird. By the closing song I was puking my guts out, and so it went every hour afterward until 9:30 that evening. For someone who "never" throws up, it was quite a gut wrenching experience. :)
Speaking of guts, I have been reading the New Testament via telephone with my friend Marcia who lives in Virginia. Tonight we read in Matthew chapter 23. Jesus was talking about how the pharisees needed to cleanse the inner vessel. In verse 27 it says "ye are like unto whited sepulchers, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness." I'm really learning to love the imagery that Jesus used. It's been fun to laugh at some of the things he actually had the guts to say to the pharisee's faces. Finally at the end of Matthew chapter 22, he had them so confounded that they stopped talking to him altogether. I just had to laugh when we read that. It's been fun to read with someone. I'm seeing the New Testament from a different perspective.
1 comment:
Kodus for reading the NT. Sorry you were sick! I LOATH.thowing.up.com!! Yuck.
♥♥
Post a Comment