Thursday, September 10, 2009

Biking The Great Outdoors

Monday, Labor Day, I went for a picnic in Milcreek Canyon.  I sat there watching biker after biker ride up the mountain, and imagined the thrill it would be when they finally reached the top, turned around, and went cruising down the mountain.  I love speed.  So, I sat there thinking that I wanted to get myself a mountain bike, get into shape, and be fit enough to bike to the top of the mountain next fall.  From the entrance of the canyon to the top, it is 8.4 miles... all up hill.  It would be a lofty goal, but what if I could accomplish it?  And what if I could do it, not just once, but over and over again.  I love being in the mountains.  I love going fast.  Seems like the perfect fitness goal.  Of course, I'm more excited about going down the mountain than up, but I'm almost excited about going up too.  I have no idea how you train for a 8.4 mile bike ride that is all up hill, but I want to do it!!!

No comments: