Friday, May 21, 2010

May Days


Spring has sprung in northern Utah.  What does that mean?  You ask.  Well, that means that in any given week the temperature can and usually does fluctuate 20 to 25 degrees.  It gets warm then cold then warm then cold then...  The good thing is that with the cold days, usually comes some kind of precipitation, which makes the mountains absolutely beautiful this time of year.  I love it when the mountains are all green.  Soon enough, everything will dry out and fire season will reign, but for now it's green and beautiful.  Love it, love it, love it!!!

This month I also hired a personal trainer.  I decided I need someone to report to in order to reach my physical goals.  I met with my trainer for the first time this week.  I think it will be great.  I'm looking forward to getting into better shape and dropping a few pounds.  I'd still like to be able to bike up and down Milcreek canyon.  I probably won't make it by this fall, but someday...

Mom and I also went in on a piano together.  The best part is that it is at my house.  I wanted a digital piano that changes sounds and records music.  Mom wanted a real piano because she doesn't think digital pianos feel the same as the real thing.  We ended up getting a digital piano that has weights on the keys so it feels like you are playing a real piano.  We both got what we wanted.  I love being able to sit down at the piano any time I want to.  Sometimes I just stop for a minute to play something, and other times, I sit and play until my back hurts too much to sit up any more.  It's wonderful.  Looking back, I can't believe I have gone so long without a piano.  Music is my life line.  I love music, and I love having a piano.  I think I'll go play now...

No comments: