On the road to fitness... I have lost 8 pounds since May 27. My goal is 1 pound per week. I'm surprised that I have lost so much more than that, but, of course, I am happy about that.
I have also discovered that I love walking when I am some place beautiful. I am not at all motivated to walk around the block, but I will drive to the Jordon River Parkway in order to go walking along the river, and it actually makes me want to go walking more often than I have set for my goals.
I have committed to my personal trainer, Valerie, that I will exercise 3 times per week. Since I work at home, it's a great excuse to leave the house and get away for a while. I'm able to do a little bit more each time I go, which is exciting. I remember which tree I got to last time, and then try to go a little bit farther each time.
I drove up into the mountains this afternoon to go walking up there. Milcreek Canyon was not yet open all the way to the top, so the last few miles are still closed to cars. It was great to park my car and walk up where there was only nature.
I'm so glad I live within driving distance of the mountains. They are so beautiful and peaceful. My soul is so uplifted by the beauties of nature. I'm so grateful to live in such a beautiful place!

No comments:
Post a Comment