Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Good Weekend and a Diagnosis

This past weekend my friend, Suzette, from St. George came for a visit.   We had a great time together.  Saturday, we hung out and ran errands.  We bought a bunch of fruit at Costco, and something that we bought must have had a bunch of fruit fly eggs which hatched once we got it home.  I think the pineapple must have been the culprit.  There are still random fruit flys flying all over my house, even though all the fruit is in the fridge and the garbage has been taken out.
We also went shopping for a cork board for my office.  I ended up buying a new office chair, a cork board, a new floor mat, and some other little office supplies.  It was one of those days when you console yourself about the money spent with whatever lame excuse you can come up with.  Let's just say I'm glad I can write it all of at tax season! 
Suzette is very handy with a screw driver too, so she volunteered to do a bunch of household repairs for me for which I am extremely grateful.  She fixed a drawer in my kitchen that had been broken since I moved in.  She also hung a towel rod that had fallen off the wall in my bathroom.  Finally, she helped me hang my cork board in my office and put my new chair together.
Sunday, we took a drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon  and went for a little hike.  Of course it was beautiful up there.  It was great to have company!  I love it when people come to visit.  My door is alway open if you need a place to stay in Salt Lake.
Today I saw my Pulmonologist.  It is as we suspected.  I have severe sleep apnea.  It turns out that I stop breathing an average of 30 times per hour when I am asleep.  The results are facinating to me.  I now have proof that I toss and turn a lot when I sleep, which explains the fact that my blankets are always all over the place when I wake up in the morning.  Also, during 7 hours of sleep, my legs moved 211 times.
No wonder I am always tired when I wake up in the morning.  I work out all night, but I don't breathe while I'm doing it!  :0)

No comments: