In March, shortly after I got my new furniture, I learned the hard way that my couches collect a lot of static. I got up one day to change the temperature, and when I touched the thermostat, sparks flew, the display lit up, then my thermostat blew out. Since then there have only been two temperatures... ON and OFF.
It worked out okay during the spring, but now that summer is here, I really need to be able to regulate the temperature.
So, tonight was the night I finally sucked it up and did the job. I bought a replacement thermostat about 2 months ago, and it has been sitting in my living room waiting to be hooked up since then. It's jobs like this that makes me wish that I had a guy around to help (aka. do it for me). It's not like it was hard, it just wasn't something that I was looking forward to.
I must admit, though, that I take a certain sense of pride knowing that I, a single WOMAN, have all the tools needed to do such a job. And, if the truth be told, I get a little kick out of using POWER TOOLS!! I don't know what it is about having that drill in my hands. Maybe it's just that it's so much easier than using the screw driver, but after I drilled the holes, I used my drill to screw in the screws. I found myself wondering what else I could drill before I put my tools away. :0) I guess there is a little bit of a tom boy in me somewhere who loves POWER and SPEED. I can love clothes and shoes and jewelry with the best of the girls (yes, pink is my fav color and is the background on this blog), but when it comes right down to it, there's just a little bit of a manly girl in me too.

No comments:
Post a Comment