Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Seagull That Thought He Was a Dog

So, I went to lunch today at Hires. It's one of those old fashioned drive-in type places where you sit in your car and they bring your food to you. I was sitting in my car eating my hamburger when this seagull flew up and stood right next to my car. He just stood there and looked at me... and waited. Finally I tossed him a piece of my bun and he gobbled it up then went right back to his begging stance. Pretty soon I threw him another peice of the bun, and he gulped it up. Soon enough, I determined that I must not be feeding him quickly enough because he kept opening his mouth. He didn't make any noise - just opened his mouth and waited. I tossed him some meat then some french fries. He ate whatever I threw in his direction. It was hilarious. I've seen many a dog beg for food, but never a wild bird!

No comments: