Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Thoughts

Three things made me feel good today after a very stressful, hectic work week.
1.  My mom told me a story about Stone.  Apparently Sarah has "assigned" him to read to the baby.  So she puts her in the swing and Stone (age 6) sits next to her.  He reads a page from the book, then stops, turns the book around and show the picture to the baby.  Then he reads another page, turns the book around and shows the picture to the baby.  He is the most amazing boy and so thoughtful.  I mean, really, how cute is that?  Stone has always loved books from the time he was a baby.  Last year he taught himself how to read with no help from his parents.  Now he is sharing his love of books with the newest member of the family.
2.  I went in for a massage today, and what a gift that was.  I have been so stressed about my job that I haven't been able to get it off my mind, even when I'm not working.  Laying there getting a massage tonight, my mind went blank.  It was like all of the stress of life just evaporated.  For a little while, things were okay and I didn't have to worry about it.
3.  I happened to flip the radio station while I was driving home from my massage, and they were playing CHRISTMAS MUSIC!  I think the song was "jingle bell rock" and instantly my whole person cheered up.  I have always been very affected by music.  Sometimes I'm surprised that Christmas music has the effect that it does, but then maybe that's why I have listened to it all year around in the past.  I have tried to save it just for Christmas in recent years, but I'm excited that the radio stations are now playing it.

1 comment:

My Heart Squared said...

Yes, our family is enjoying the sounds of Christmas before Thanksgiving, too. It wasn't so good last week when the weather was in the high 60's . . . but this week - with all the snow - "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"