I'm in Tucson, AZ today, and on a side note, I must say that I love Arizona in the winter!
I have been crazy with emotions the past few days, and am crying at the drop of a hat. Last night at the end of my flight to Tucson, the pilot came on the intercom and said "Thank you for flying with us. We've enjoyed having you on board." I almost started crying at the thought that he was glad to have me on board. I know, it sounds silly to me too, but what can I say.
Then today at work, I was reading a chart of one of the patients who is a 10 year old boy with ADHD. His mom had filled out a questionnaire regarding his condition. One of the questions asked what his biggest challenges are and the mother answered that his inattention alienates his classmates and frustrates his teachers. Then the next question was "what is the best thing about your child?" To that she answered that he is a total sweetheart and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Again my eyes filled with tears as I imagined this little boy who is so sweet, but alienates the people around him. Mind you, I don't even know the child and will never meet him, yet the thought that he is so sweet but alienates the people around him broke my heart.
I went to dinner with a friend tonight, and after assuring her that there is no way on earth I could be pregnant (um... yeah, that's not it!), she mentioned that I may be just a little stressed and that could be causing the increased emotion. Yes, 'tis true. I need to learn to relax, BiG TiMe! Last week I went to get a massage, and my muscles were so tense that even the slightest touch hurt in places where I usually don't have any sensitivity at all.
So, I guess, unless I want to continue to cry at announcements from the pilot, I had better find a way to decompress. Meditation. Yoga. Spa Day. Something! Hey a Spa Day sounds nice... and expensive. :0(
No comments:
Post a Comment