Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Work and Music

Today at work I had my Monitoring Assessment Visit which is when my home based CRA manager came out on site with me to review my work.  It was very unnerving trying to work while she was going through things I had already monitored and looking over my work.  At the end, we went through this whole list of things that she found that I hadn't done.  It felt brutal, but she said that I my visit was actually one of the best she had ever done.  Whew!  I had the opportunity to talk to her about how stressed I have been at work, and I felt like she was really going to try to help get me a more manageable schedule.  At the end of my visit, I said "So, I guess I can keep my job."  Then she said "Yea, now we just need to get it so you WANT to."  Ah, how true, how true!

After work, I was singing my way home at the end of the day, and started thinking of a singing career again.  Since I was a teenager, I have always wanted to sing for money.  I'm thinking that Christian music just might be the right niche for me.  After all, it seems like most of the women who sing that type of music are sopranos, and there aren't a lot of people with deep rich voices.  Now, I know that I would need some vocal instruction at this point to make my voice rich, but the deep part I have down.  So, I could start taking voice lessons and writing lyrics, then I would need someone to help with the writing of the music, but what if?  I'm dreaming here, but what if I could become a singer.  I know many different people I would like to use as back ups or in duets - my sister for one.  We sound so good together because we are related and have similar voices.   How cool would that be to be making money with music?  Ssssoooo, KoOL!

1 comment:

My Heart Squared said...

You do have a beautiful voice! I say SING!!!!