Wednesday, April 20, 2011

HICCUPS

I was contemplating the meaning of life this morning, when I came to a very important realization for myself.  It's no secret that the current study I am working on, and certain members of my team have been making my work life a living nightmare.  Well, somehow, I came to the conclusion that this is merely a hiccup in my life.  

So, what do I do when I get hiccups?  Well, I endure them for a while, but if they don't go away, I eventually get up and eat a teaspoon of sugar.  Yes, sugar.  It works... every time!

I realized that I need to treat this current "hiccup" of mine just like I would treat a bad case of the hiccups.  It's time to get up and take some sugar.  In other words, I need to focus on all of the "sweet" things in my life, and quit letting this hiccup drive me nuts.  

I have a good job.  It pays well enough for me to have a nice car, to pay someone to clean my house, and to get massages.  There are many, many people who love me, and whom, in return, I love.  I have a roof over my head.  I have access to all kinds of great music.  I get to work from home, in my pajamas if I want.  Really the world is my oyster.  I am developing a plan for the future that will allow me to do what I really love, and eventually allow me to work for myself helping people overcome their own hiccups.

So, my job and my boss may be unbearable at times, but I just need to keep focusing on the things that are sweet until the hiccups go away!

PS.  Every time I got frustrated today with my manic, micro managing, manager, I just started singing... Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down...

No comments: