Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My One True Love

Music.  The one thing in life that brings so much meaning.  I so love music.  I'd love to think I might have been in the Heavenly Choir before I came to earth.  I hope I was one of the ones singing my heart out when Christ was born. What a moment that must have been, and how fantastic it would have been to be a part of THAT choir on THAT day.  I can't imagine life without music.

One of my earliest memories is of me sitting underneath a grand piano while my mom took voice lessons.  Even before I can remember my mom would sing me to sleep.  She says we used to love to have her sing to us, and I'm sure that is true even though I don't remember it.

One of our favorite things to do when I was a teenager was just go for a drive and sing.  It didn't matter where we were going or how long it took to get there or even if there was a destination.  I remember driving around on Christmas Eve one year.  We had the radio on, and sang Christmas songs for hours while we drove around in the snow flurries looking at the lights.

One time, while driving in the mountains, we started singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."  We ended up singing it in 4 part harmony, and it was the coolest thing EVER.

I'm so grateful that music has been and always will be a part of my life.

Here are some of the songs I listened to today that made me:
SMILE - I Love Rock-n-Roll; Joan Jet and the Blackhearts
STOP AND SING - What Child is This?; Faith Hill (yes, I did listen to a Christmas song today.)
GET UP AND DANCE - Next 2 You; Chris Brown and Justin Beber
BECOME A DRUMMER - Jump; Van Halen
TAP MY FEET - Stuck Like Glue; Sugarland
CRY -  I Don't Want to Miss a Thing; Aerosmith
FEEL INSPIRED - My Savior My God; Aaron Shust

Psalm 42:8
Yet the Lord will command his loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

1 comment:

My Heart Squared said...

You do have a beautiful singing voice!!