In your daily interactions with others, in the words of a hymn, in the laughter of a child, listen for His voice.
If you listen for the voice of the Father, He will lead you on a course that will allow you to experience the pure love of Christ.
As we draw near to Heavenly Father, we become more holy. And as we become more holy, we will overcome disbelief and our souls will be filled with His blessed light. As we align our lives with this supernal light, it leads us out of darkness and toward greater light. This greater light leads to the unspeakable ministerings of the Holy Spirit, and the veil between heaven and earth can become thin.
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Oct. 2009)
___________________________
In this passage President Uchtdorf tells us to listen for God's voice in some of the everyday things that I love most - The beauties of nature, music, and children. No wonder I love these things so much. Maybe experiencing them helps me feel closer to God. Once while driving in a car with 4 year old Katie, I asked what she is thinking about, and she said: "I'm just thinking about when I go to heaven." Perhaps it's impossible NOT to feel the spirit and love of God around such children.
I love the last part of this quote too. Look at the blessings that can come from simply drawing near to God:
- We become more holy.
- We will overcome disbelief .
- Our souls will be filled with light.
- We'll have unspeakable ministerings of the Holy Spirit
- The veil between heaven and earth becomes thin.
This is what I crave in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment