Thursday, October 27, 2011

Imposable Thumbs

Usually in November, I try to post on facebook something that I'm grateful for every day.  Well, this year I can't wait until November.  I have too much for which I am grateful, and I need to start reminding myself of this daily.

Today, I have to say that I am grateful for imposable thumbs.  Tonight I was cooking cabbage for dinner and a piece dropped out of the pan while I was stirring it.  I tried to pick it up off the stove top with my fork, but the only thing my fork was doing was pushing the cabbage around.  Try as I might, I could not pick up that piece of cabbage with my fork.  I then had a brilliant idea.  I reached down with my forefinger and my imposable thumb and picked that piece of cabbage right up!  It was no effort at all.  I was instantly aware of the value of that imposable thumb, and had to stop and think how amazingly smart God was to give us all such a great tool.

I wonder how many other incredible gifts I have that I totally take for granted every day of my life.  Today marks a change in my life where I start noticing and being grateful for blessings - big and small - that are ever present in my life!

No comments: