Having been burnt out on air travel as of late, I find myself somewhat surprised that I am actually grateful for it today. As I was flying from Utah to Atlanta, GA this morning, I began contemplating how my forefathers travelled. You see, they walked and pushed hand carts from Illinois to Utah, and it took them weeks. They trudged through rain, mud, rivers, snow... you name it. Sometimes I catch myself complaining because I have to drag luggage with me when I travel for work, but really? At least I'm not pushing everything I own in a handcart across land that has only dirt trails. I complain to myself when the airports have carpet instead of tile because it makes it harder to pull my luggage. I was soooo NOT meant to be a pioneer, but I sure admire those who were.
I'm also grateful that I can leave behind the snow and a little over 4 hours later be in a place that's pleasantly comfortable. This evening after dinner, I went outside and went for a walk. It was so beautiful outside that I couldn't resist. I really love staying in hotels, too. I think I get that from my mom. What's not to love about having someone else make your bed and clean for you? I rest my case.

No comments:
Post a Comment