One of the benefits of traveling for my job is that I get to see people who I would otherwise not have the opportunity to see. Such was the case today. I met a friend who lives here in Tucson for dinner. On the way to dinner I was thinking about how lucky I am to have so many great friendships. I don't know why I am so blessed to have so many awesome friends, but I am so thankful that I am. Yes, I wish some or all of you lived closer, but I count my friends as some of my greatest gifts in life.
Tonight at dinner, while we were ordering, I happened to look down and notice the gorgeous engagement ring that Stacey was wearing. I was so shocked and awed that I couldn't even finish my order. I was so excited for her that I just started crying. Our server kept trying to ask me a question and I couldn't even focus long enough to hear what she was saying. I blurted out some answer, but even now, I don't know what the question was. I was so completely happy for my friend that nothing else seemed to matter at the moment.
I think of all the wonderful relationships I have with all of you out there and the many, many good times we have shared together, and it makes me truely grateful! I am awed by the people I know and the blessings you all bring to my life. I could start naming names, but if you are reading this, you are probably one of them. I am so grateful to know you all, and am ever thankful for all of the rich blessings that you bring into my life.

2 comments:
Donde esta Deedee?
Ah, shucks, there went the anonymity, right out the window. Too bad you don't come up our way anymore, at least for us--nothing like laughing with you, Deedee, or irritating you, or knocking messages on your apartment wall...I feel like breaking out "Undercover Blues" about now and listening to "Muerte, the name is Muerte!" but it probably wouldn't be the same...
Now wouldn't it be funny if you really didn't know who left this comment? Can you say Awwwwkwaaard... :) You're awesome, Deed!
Who wrote that comment????
JK Cathy! I miss you. I need a good laugh. Maybe I'll call soon... but don't hold your breath... actually, do. I would love to see that.
Love Ya!!
Post a Comment